Hyperion devices can either be wired directly to the Gateway (via the Hyperion ports on the front of the Gateway) or may be connected wirelessly. Hyperion devices wired to the Gateway receive power via the Gateway and do not require external power sources.
To add a wired device in Hyperion version 2.3 or greater follow the steps below.
- Begin by connecting the wired device to the front of the Hyperion Gateway. This will provide power to the device and allow it to communicate with the Gateway.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Gateway.
- Login with an administrator account or a user account (both account types are permitted to add devices).
- Click Devices on the left menu then click the Add button at the top of the devices list.
- Select Wired Device. Enter a name for the device, set the type and the port then click Add.
The newly added device will then be available in the device list. You can select the device to configure and test the components, rename the device, etc.
How do I add a wireless Hyperion device to the Gateway?
What are the cable specifications for wiring Hyperion devices?